A-95 GL Series Dry Type Upright Sprinkler
GL Series Dry Type Upright
The Globe GL Series Dry Type Upright Sprinkler is designed for use in special applications such as freezing environments. As an example, they may be efficiently used when connected to a wet type sprinkler system and extended into an unheated attic space.
The Globe GL Series Dry Type Upright Sprinkler utilizes a frangible glass ampule sprinkler. At the ampule's rated temperature, the sprinkler opens releasing the bulb seat, causing the inner tube assembly to move, allowing the spring assembly to pivot alongside the inner tube. At this time, water flows through the sprinkler and is distributed by the deflector, in the approved discharge pattern.
The heart of Globe's GL Series sprinkler proven actuating assembly is a hermetically sealed frangible glass ampule that contains a precisely measured amount of fluid. When heat is absorbed, the liquid within the bulb expands increasing the internal pressure. At the prescribed temperature the internal pressure within the ampule exceeds the strength of the glass causing the glass to shatter. This results in water discharge which is distributed in an approved pattern.
- Temperature Ratings - 135°F (57°C), 155°F (68°C)
175°F (79°C), 200°F (93°C), 286°F (141°C)
- Water Working Pressure Rating - 175 psi (12 Bars)
- Factory tested hydrostatically to 500 psi (34 Bars)
- Maximum low temperature glass bulb rating is
- Frame - bronze
- Deflector - brass
- Screw - brass
- Bulb seat - brass
- Spring assembly - teflon coated nickel alloy and brass
- Bulb - glass with glycerin solution, 5mm size
- Orifice insert -brass
- 3/4 NPT or 1" NPT
- Stabilizer bar - bronze
- Outer tube - galvanized steel pipe
- Inner tube - stainless steel
Sprinkler Temperature Rating/Classification and Color Coding
|Classification||Available Sprinkler Temperatures||Bulb Color||N.F.P.A. Maximum Ceiling Temperature|
|Nominal 'K' |
|5.6||(80 metric)||3/4" or 1" NPT||cULus Variable
Wax over Lead1
|8.1||(116 metric)||1" NPT||FM Variable to
- Metric conversions are approximate.
- cULus listed corrosions resistent; Polyester must be specified on order.
- 1Finishes available on special order.
- - Wax Coating cULus listed up to 200°F.
|cULus||*FM||NYC - DOB
- Listed for all hazards.
- Dry Upright Sprinklers require a minimum operating pressure of 12 psi.
- * Dry Upright - FM Approved 155°F, 200°F, and 286°F.
Click image above for a detailed view of this product
Globe GL Series Dry Upright sprinklers should be installed in accordance with the requirements set forth in NFPA 13. These sprinklers are to be installed using a pipe wrench applied to the end fitting. When this is not possible, the proper sprinkler head wrench may be used with extreme care for lengths up to approximately 18". Excessive force may distort the frame thus destroying the unit.
The GL Series Dry Sprinkler must not be installed in a short radius 90° elbow. When installing in other than an iron tee, the clearances between the end of the sprinkler and fitting should be checked.
For further important installation data, please refer to our Dry Sprinkler Caution Sheet.
When ordering please specify the following.
- Model Number
- Finishes desired
- Quantity - Wrenches - P/N 333010
- "B" Dimension - Distance from face of fitting to the top of the deflector
Globe agrees to repair or replace any of its own manufactured products found to be defective in material or workmanship for a period of one year from date of shipment.
For specific details of our warranty please refer to Price List Terms and Conditions of Sale (Our Price List).
Bulletin: GL5683 Last Revised: April 2007 Revision: 8